Dental Tips: How to Avoid and Handle Dental Emergencies While Traveling
Travelling can be a fun-filled experience. But a dental emergency, even a simple toothache, can ruin everything in the blink of an eye.
There’s no need to worry; we can help!
At Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge, we provide helpful tips on handling dental emergencies whether you’re at home, at work, or travelling.
Here are the tips to help you avoid or handle dental emergencies:
- Refrain from major dental treatments before travelling.
- In the course of a long-term treatment, ask your dentist for some guidelines on how to keep things safe during your trip.
- While on the road, recognise these preventive methods:
- Don’t chew popcorn kernels, hard candy, or ice.
- Avoid using your teeth to cut or break objects.
- Don’t forget to carry a dental first aid kit with you. It must include floss, pain relievers, mouthguards and sugarless gum to fill in lost fillings.
- If you’re suffering from a serious dental emergency, see a dentist immediately by asking the hotel front desk to find you a reliable dentist.
- Include in your passport the travel information with names and phone numbers of organisations to call in case of a dental or medical emergency.
Keep your teeth and mouth in great condition before leaving home.
It is especially important to have an easy oral hygiene routine when travelling. This helps maintain your mouth in a healthy, non-emergency state.
Signs You May Need Emergency Dental Care
- Lost tooth/teeth
- Lost crown or filling
- Injury on gums, palate or mouth through trauma or impact
- Dislodged or loose teeth
- Chipped or fractured tooth
- Sudden, unusual, excruciating pain
- Inflammation on gums or mouth
- Sudden, tooth-related discomfort or new pain in the gums
The appropriate response depends on the situation and severity. In case of lost tooth, the immediate action taken may decide whether a dentist can replace the tooth or not.
Dental Emergencies When Travelling
Travelling is already stressful, and adding a dental emergency makes it all that much more so. Make sure you’re prepared to prevent issues and deal with them should they take place.
Dental emergencies should be attended to quickly to avoid inconvenience during your vacation. The quicker the problem is solved, the more likely you will be saved from hassle, extra costs, and further treatment.
At Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge, we are ready to handle your dental emergencies with the utmost care and urgency you deserve.
Same-Day Dental Emergency Available!
Call (02) 8889 1588 or visit us at G4/8 Merriville Rd in Kellyville Ridge.
We offer Interest Free Payment Plans – No Interest Ever!
Frequently Asked Questions
Book Your Dental Consultation Today!
- We offer interest-free payment plans with National Dental Plan- powered by Humm, Afterpay and Zip Money
Mon-Wed: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thu: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (after-hours bookings available by appointment)
Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
There is ample free basement carpark for patients onsite