E-cigarettes, often referred to as vaping can be equally as dangerous as traditional cigarettes.
They work by heating up a liquid using a battery-powered device, to turn it into vapour that people inhale into their lungs.
Vapes have been marketed as a healthier option than traditional cigarettes, as well as a means to quit smoking. But it’s shaping up to look otherwise – just because the flavours sound tasty, doesn’t make the inhalation healthy at all.
How does vaping affect your oral health?
- Leads to more bacteria in the mouth thus, causing an increase in tooth decay, cavities and gum disease.
- It causes mouth and throat irritation, hence affecting your gums. This can cause symptoms such as tenderness, swelling and redness.
- Bruxism (grinding) or clenching teeth occurs when vaping and can potentially lead to tooth damage.
How do I reduce the side-affects?
- Limit your nicotine intake or opt for low-nicotine or nicotine-free juices
- Drink water after vaping to avoid dry mouth and bad breath
- Improve your oral health by brushing twice a day and flossing daily to prevent plaque and cavities
- Visit your dentist every six months for a regular check-up and clean
Same Day Emergency Appointment Available!
Call us on (02) 8889 1588 immediately. We will attend to you with utmost urgency and care.
We are located at G4/8 Merriville Rd in Kellyville Ridge.
We Offer Interest Free Payment Plans – No Interest Ever!
Frequently Asked Questions
Book Your Dental Consultation Today!
- We offer interest-free payment plans with National Dental Plan- powered by Humm, Afterpay and Zip Money
Mon-Wed: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thu: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (after-hours bookings available by appointment)
Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
There is ample free basement carpark for patients onsite